Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Expanding the View

I’ve been rethinking my goals for this blog. I’ve enjoyed these past seven months of writing almost exclusively on the subject of literature, however, books are not always the first thing on my mind.

While being a bibliophile is a defining characteristic of my life, it is not the only or primary one. First and foremost, I am a Christian girl committed to learning more about God, growing in a deeper relationship with Him, and conforming every area of my life to His will.

I want to be able to share what I learn along this path and be an encouragement to others as I do so. I hope by becoming more personal and varied in my approach to more effectively reach this goal.

I find it an almost humorous evidence of a mind fond of clear-cut boundaries that before changing direction I must make a formal statement of my intentions! Yet there it is.

For those of you who enjoy book reviews, etc-- don’t worry! I doubt I’ll ever run dry on subject matter there. I like this quote by Elizabeth Goudge:

“…When people once begin to read they go on. They begin because they think they ought to and they go on because they must…. They find it widens life. We’re all greedy for life, you know, and our short span of existence can’t give us all that we hunger for, the time is short and our capacity not large enough. But in books we experience life vicariously.”


It’s true! I must be very greedy. ;-)

The focus here at the Biblio-File is not shrinking, but broadening.

No comments: