- Eloise Wilkin's Mother Goose - This is by the same illustrator as Baby Dear, which is one of Galilee's favourite books at the moment.
- The Singing Tree by Kate Seredy - Our first purchase of the day. Kara loved it as a child.
- Selected Essays by G. K. Chesterton
- The Round Table (Essays on Literature, Men and Manners) by William Hazlitt
- Sailing the Wine-dark Sea: Why the Greeks Matter by Thomas Cahill - John really liked Cahill's How the Irish Saved Civilization, and was pleased to discover that he decided to make that volume one of a series on "the hinges of history".
- John Bunyan: The Tinker of Bedford by William Deal
- Pages of English Prose - This is a book from 1930, with some pages still uncut.
- Freddy Plays Football by Walter R. Brooks - Kara looks forward to reading another story about the Renaissance Pig. She was introduced to these books by her good friend, Tiffany.
- The Lost Continent: Travels in Small-town America by Bill Bryson
- The Wicked Day and The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart - Kara has enjoyed mysteries by Stewart, and decided to have a look at her fantasy.
- The Little House and Katy and the Big Snow by Virginia Lee Burton - Some more of Kara's childhood favourites.
- Till I End My Song: A Gathering of Last Poems
- Locating Renaissance Art by Carol M. Richardson
- Jamie's America by Jamie Oliver - We were very happy to find this one, since the copy from our local library has gone missing.
- The West and the Map of the World by Matthew Richardson
Monday, May 06, 2013
As we did this time last year, we visited Clunes Booktown this past weekend, and here is what we found: