Friday, February 01, 2008

Palindromes

Just thought I'd share a list that my dad compiled for my birthday last year. Enjoy!

  1. Doc note: I dissent. A fast never prevents a fatness. I diet on cod.
  2. May a moody baby doom a yam?
  3. Murder for a jar of red rum.
  4. Never odd or even.
  5. Too bad! I hid a boot!
  6. Straw? No, too stupid a fad; I put soot on warts!
  7. No trace, not one carton.
  8. Rise to vote, sir!
  9. Stressed? No tips? Spit on desserts!
  10. Live not on evil!
  11. Dennis and Edna sinned.
  12. Nurse, I spy gypsies. Run!
  13. Niagara, O roar again!
  14. Draw, O coward!
  15. Knits stink!
  16. A nut for a jar of tuna.
  17. Rats live on no evil star.
  18. Anne, I vote more cars race Rome to Vienna.
  19. Oh, who was it I saw? Oh, who?
  20. Madam, in Eden I'm Adam.
  21. Don't nod.
  22. Look, sire, paper is kool!
  23. Go hang a salami; I'm a lasagna hog!
  24. Some men interpret nine memos.
  25. Are we not drawn onward, we few, drawn onward to new era?
I can't help laughing when I read these! My favorite is the advice to the tip-less waiter. ;)
There's a long list over at Palindromelist.com, if you care for more. And I learned something new while searching online; did you know it's possible to make "2-D" palindromes? Find out about them here.

Does anyone want to create their own? I'd love to see them! The palindromes above are the type that read the same backwards, letter by letter, but you can also make sentences that are the same backwards and forwards, word by word, e.g. "Women understand men; few men understand women." (which, by the way, I disagree with!)

No comments: