Sunday, December 23, 2007

Making time for reading

I often wonder how one could NOT spend time reading. Finding time to read has never really been a problem at my house! But I have found that as I've grown older, other (unimportant) things can easily suck time away. So I found this article at Mental Multivitamin helpful.

A couple additions to the list:

Prioritize your reading. It's easy to think that just because you're reading, it's a good thing. But are you reading the BEST things? I need to ask myself this question often. If my reading time doesn't constantly include Bible study, then something needs to change.

Use waiting time to read. If you're downloading a big file, don't just stare at your computer screen. Grab a book.

What has helped you "find time" to read?

1 comment:

natalie said...

I'm with you, Kara. I can't imagine not reading regularly. At night before I go to bed I have to take some time to unwind - both physically and mentally. This is when I settle down on the couch with a book and some hot tea. It's worth it to me to give up an hour or so of sleep to spend that time reading instead.